Nugget of Knowldege

Entertainment News

“Sister Wives” Star Wins Case Against Polygamy Ban

Saturday, August 30th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

TLC(SALT LAKE CITY) — Kody Brown, 44, and his four sister wives — Meri, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn — can now have a legal marriage in their home state of Utah.

“It is with a great pleasure this evening that I can announce the final decision of United States District Court Judge Clarke Waddoups on the last remaining count in the Sister Wives case,” Brown’s attorney, Jonathan Turley, said on his blog.

The Browns, stars of the show Sister Wives, had been embroiled in a polygamy law case that had forced them away from their home. Turley said Waddoups had previously struck down “key portions” of the Utah polygamy law as unconstitutional, but that one item, Section 1883, remained.

“He has now ruled for the Browns in what is now a clear sweep on all counts,” he wrote about the section “that state officials (notably prosecutor Jeffrey R. Buhman) violated the constitutional rights of the Brown family in years of criminal investigation and public accusations.”

“With the earlier decision, families like the Browns can now be both plural and legal in the state of Utah,” he added. “The court specifically struck down language criminalizing cohabitation — the provision that is used to prosecute polygamists. … Judge Waddoups reaffirmed the independence of our courts and stood against open prejudice and hostility toward plural families.”

After the win was announced, Brown gave his lawyer a statement to post that read, “While we know that many people do not approve of plural families, it is our family and based on our religious beliefs. Just as we respect the personal and religious choices of other families, we hope that in time all of our neighbors and fellow citizens will come to respect our own choices as part of this wonderful country of different faiths and beliefs.”

Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes told ABC News via a statement his office is determining whether to appeal the ruling.

“The attorney general’s office is currently reviewing Judge Waddoups’ ruling of Brown v. Herbert and will make final determination of whether or not to appeal one or more of the issues in the decision within the coming weeks,” the statement read. “It is important to legally assess the ruling’s scope and how it will impact future litigation.”


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Pet of the Week

Why Jessa Duggar Wants to Plan Out Her First Kiss With Ben Seewald

Saturday, August 30th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

TLC(NEW YORK) — Like her sister Jill, Jessa Duggar is waiting for her wedding to have her first kiss with her fiancé.

To say they’re excited would be an understatement.

“We’re really looking forward to the first kiss!” she told ABC News. “We’re talking about it — what if we miss or mess up? We’re gonna have to plan this out or something!”

Duggar, 21, announced her engagement to Ben Seewald, 19, earlier this month. It will be documented on 19 Kids & Counting, her family’s reality TV show, which premieres on Sept. 2 at 9/8 p.m. CT on TLC. Fans will also get to see Duggar plan her wedding, which she promises will differ from her Jill’s nuptials this past June. 

“The guest list is pretty big, but not as big as my sisters” she said. “My list is a little smaller [than Jill's was], but then Ben’s guest list is bigger Derick’s. It will be another Duggar-sized wedding!”

The reality TV star said that she and her future husband hope to tie the knot this fall or winter. They’ve already begun thinking about their color scheme (no, nothing has been chosen yet) and who they’d like to tap to be their bridesmaids and groomsmen (yes, their families will be involved).

However, both Duggar and Seewald are focused on making sure that their wedding is cost efficient and are considering re-using Jill’s decorations and flower girl dresses.

“We’re gonna go really simple with a lot of our food and even flowers and that type of stuff. People spend so much on flowers, it’s outrageous!” Duggar said. “I’ll go to the grocery and buy flowers! I don’t know how many flowers we’ll have in nature if it’s cold outside but I was like, ‘How about we just go pick [some]?’”

“We want to have a nice wedding that everyone will enjoy but at the same time, we’d like to push our budget more toward our honeymoon because that’s our time together,” added Seewald, who said that TLC will also document some of their getaway. “That’s our first few weeks together.”


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Metal Depot

Cee Lo Green Pleads No Contest to Ecstasy Charge

Friday, August 29th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

ABC News(LOS ANEGLES) — Grammy winner Cee Lo Green pleaded no contest on Friday to a felony charge of furnishing ecstasy to a woman in 2012.

Green’s plea came just before a preliminary hearing was to begin, with the singer saying that he wanted to put the case behind him. Green received three years probation.

Speaking outside the Los Angeles courtroom, Green said that he and his attorneys were “very pleased to have finally resolved this matter with an amicable understanding and we’re satisfied.”


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Crusin In Cruces

Jennifer Aniston Opens Up About Not Having Kids

Friday, August 29th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

ABC/Randy Holmes(LOS ANGELES) — Jennifer Aniston and fiancé Justin Theroux aren’t worrying about whether they are going to have children.

“It’s not something that’s in our everyday life, quite honestly. It’s more questions that arise in a red carpet line or in an interview,” she told People magazine earlier this week.

She continued, “I just find it to be energy that is unnecessary and not really fair for those who may or may not [have children]. Who knows what the reason is, why people aren’t having kids. There’s a lot of reasons that could be, and maybe it’s something that no one wants to discuss.”

She added that whether she and her fiancé of two years have babies, it’s “everyone’s personal prerogative.”

Aniston, 45, this week also joined Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox on Jimmy Kimmel Live for a mini Friends reunion.


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Kids Kare PC

Beyonce Calls Blue Ivy ‘My Biggest Muse’

Friday, August 29th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

Eric McCandless/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved(LOS ANGELES) — Beyoncé rarely talks about her personal life.

In a new poem, however, she reflects on how her daughter has affected her life.

“It’s my daughter, she’s my biggest muse/There’s someone, we all find out soon/more important than ourselves to lose,” she wrote in a piece called Bey the Light for CR Fashion Book. “But for my daughter I dream a day/When no one roots for others to fail/When we all mean what we say.”

Beyoncé, 32, recently made headlines for delivering a show-stopping performance at the MTV Video Music Awards. For those kinds of shows, she wrote, she taps into her stage persona, Sasha Fierce — and it doesn’t stop there.

“Though we’re different as blue and red,” she wrote. “I’m not afraid to draw from her in performance, rifts, even in bed.”

The poem also touches on her deep connection with her late grandmother, the value she places on prayer and how she views her role as a performer.

“You call me a singer, but I’m called to transform/to suck up the grief, anxiety and loss of those who hear me into my song’s form,” she wrote. “I’m a vessel for all that isn’t right/for break-ups and lies and double-cross/I sing into that vessel a healing light.”


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Double Your Dollars

Joan Rivers’ Condition ‘Remains Serious,’ Daughter Says

Friday, August 29th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

Photo by: Nathaniel Chadwick/NBC(NEW YORK) –  Joan Rivers’ condition remains serious.

The comedian’s daughter, Melissa Rivers, released a statement Friday updating the status of her mother, who was hospitalized on Thursday after suffering cardiac arrest.

“My mother would be so touched by the tributes and prayers that we have received from around the world. Her condition remains serious but she is receiving the best treatment and care possible,” Melissa Rivers said in a statement released by Mount Sinai Hospital. “We ask that you continue to keep her in your thoughts as we pray for her recovery.”

On Thursday morning, Rivers, 81, was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City after an emergency call that she was in cardiac arrest at an Upper East Side clinic, Yorkville Endoscopy, sources said. TMZ reported that Rivers was undergoing a procedure on her vocal chords at the clinic.

“I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming love and support for my mother,” Melissa Rivers said in a statement released by Mount Sinai Hospital late Thursday night. “She is resting comfortably and is with our family. We ask that you continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.”


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


2014 First American Bank - Personal Loans

Miley Cyrus Goes Naked in “V” Magazine Photo Spread

Friday, August 29th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

ABC/Richard Harbaugh(NEW YORK) — Anyone who thought Miley Cyrus was turning over a more modest new leaf just because she behaved at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards need only look at her racy spread in V magazine to see she hasn’t lost her edge.

Miley Instagrammed an image showing her laying nude on a pile of stuffed animals, a red box reading “SUBSCRIBE” the only thing protecting her modesty up top.  She also posted another one that is more risque in which she’s in the same pose, with small smiley faces acting as Photoshopped pasties over her nipples.  Miley named fashion giant Karl Lagerfeld as the shooter.

Miley also posted a pic of Lagerfeld holding a picture he shot of her wearing a skimpy Fendi bathing suit made of blue stuffed animal-like material.

Fittingly, the upcoming installment in which the controversial singer appears is called “The Rebel Issue.”  It hits newsstands Sept. 10, but is available for pre-order.


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Hometown Headlines w/ Brad Barrett

Donald Trump Completes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Friday, August 29th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Add Donald Trump to the list of celebrities taking part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.

Trump — nominated by ex-boxer Mike Tyson, World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon and The Simpsons patriarch, Homer Simpson — completed the challenge with the help of Miss Universe, Gabriela Isler, and Miss USA, Nia Sanchez.

The 68-year-old business mogul also ended the long-running debate as to whether or not his hair is really his own.

In a video taped atop New York’s City’s Trump Tower, The Donald announces, “I’ve been called out by everybody for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge — Homer Simpson, Mike Tyson, Vince McMahon — like everybody is going crazy over this thing.” He adds, “I guess they wanna see if whether or not this is my real hair, which it is.”

He then challenges his sons Donald and Eric, as well as President Obama. The president already passed on the challenge earlier this month when he was called out by Ethel Kennedy, the 86-year-old widow of Robert Kennedy.

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has raised more than $88 million for Lou Gehrig’s Disease.


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


2014 First American Bank - Checking

“As Above/So Below” Opens Nationwide Friday

Friday, August 29th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

Universal(NEW YORK) — On Wednesday, the Pierce Brosnan film The November Man opened in theaters, earning an estimated $862,000 in its first day of release, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Another new movie opens Friday, in time for the Labor Day weekend: As Above/So Below. In the film, a team of explorers search the catacombs underneath the streets of Paris, and experience horror along the way.

Mad Men actor Ben Feldman, Perdita Weeks and Edwin Hodge star in As Above/So Below, which is rated R.

If you’re in a nostalgic mood, the original Ghostbusters film is being re-released in select theaters Friday in honor of its 30th anniversary.


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Loyal Listeners Club

Britney Spears Is Single After Boyfriend Reportedly Cheated on Her

Friday, August 29th, 2014 by

Posted in Entertainment News

Jason Merritt/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) — Britney Spears is newly single — reportedly because her boyfriend cheated on her.

Brit tweeted on Thursday, “Ahhhh the single life!” Coincidentally or not, she posted that comment around the same time TMZ published a story claiming David Lucado was videotaped making out with another woman earlier this month.

Reportedly, Brit dumped her boyfriend after learning about the footage, which TMZ says is being shopped around.

A rep for David tells the website, “David is very, very in love with Britney. This is unfortunate and he hopes that it all works out.” Unfortunately for David, it didn’t work out — Brit’s rep confirms to Billboard that the pop star is single.

Britney dated David for a year and a half. Their relationship began not long after her engagement to her then-agent, Jason Trawick, ended in January of 2013.


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


2014 First American Bank - Our Business

Who’s On the Air?

KVLC-TV

KVLC-TV

Events

Live Broadcasts

P.O.T.W.

Pet of the Week

Events

Public Service Announcements

Now Playing

Request a song

Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Artist

Song

Message

 I am at least 18 years old (required)

Captcha

captcha
Enter the characters above here:

Facebook


Home Instead Senior Care